Four months ago I would have told you that the coming months felt long - many days of travel back and forth to Harrisburg for work, many days Sundays of leading worship at church, much time at meetings and trying to get details done and maintaining relationships. Not that I was dreading any of those things, but much of it felt a little routine when I was anticipating upcoming change. And I have to confess that there were moments (and sometimes days) of stress as I considered planning that needed to be done for fundraisers or the amount of "things" that needed to be done and seemingly little time to do them all.
Can I just say, thought, that those months have flown! I mean, I think everyone says that about time looking back on it. But really, I find it really hard to believe that I have four weeks left until my last day of work and I need to be out of my apartment. And the time to accomplish all those things and see all those people has suddenly become very limited. But I am grateful for having somewhat planned ahead early in the year to get in a few refreshing activities:
- weekend in NYC with my sister and two cousins to see the Lion King (and also managed to find spectacular cheesecake and an incredible night skyline of the city, among other things)
![]() |
| (Yes, my cousin is an amazing photographer!) |
- retreat weekend in the hills of WV with a friend - so good to leave it unstructured and do a whole lot of nothing
- being re-inspired and blessed by a night of worship and prayer for the nations and specifically the Czech Republic
- unplanned - but the opportunity to spend significant time in remembrance with extended family surrounding the passing of Grandma
- upcoming camping weekend with friends - so excited to be outdoors!
May is filling up and then I recognize I have little "free" time before I leave. Scary, yet exciting. Bring on the craziness!

No comments:
Post a Comment