Wednesday, March 12, 2014

So you want to learn Czech?

Unfortunately, I can read Czech better than I can speak or listen. So one of the activities I do with two of my language partners is to have them describe a picture while I record it, and then we listen to it together and review any words or sentences that I don't understand.  It's a good way for me to learn new vocab, as well as learn to listen to the language for understanding and hear the structure of sentences and how cases are used.

If you want to know what Czech sounds like, here's your opportunity!  This is my friend Daniela describing the picture (in much slower speech than normal conversation, which may contribute to me being able to understand most of it. :) )  Enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this rich cultural clip, Jan! I found myself repeating it all back in a whisper, so started speaking it out loud! Now, if you can pleas tell me what I was saying, that would be great. :o) Thanks for letting me learn with you just a bit.

    ReplyDelete