Saturday, December 27, 2014

returning

I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of adjusting back to American culture. And granted, I've been home only a week, but these are some things that I've noticed:
  • COLD water, as in, water with ice
  • workers at stores and attractions who wish you Merry Christmas, have a good evening, etc.
  • ethnic diversity other than Caucasians and Asians (presence of many Hispanics and African-Americans – Prague is very diverse, but there actually aren't many Africans)
  • huge refrigerators, and large appliances in general
  • winter is a lot more brown in PA
  • it's easy to get back into driving everywhere and I definitely don't walk as much
  • the ability to communicate clearly with everyone and understand all the conversations around me in public places
  • full days of sunshine!
  • stars and sunsets
  • a load of laundry finished (washed AND dried) in an hour and a quarter
  • large vehicles – i.e. trucks and SUVs
  • I have plenty of free time
And on that note, I would love to see my US friends! Because I basically have had to plan every day in Prague, if YOU can help me plan my activities in the coming months, I would be super blessed. Contact me and give me a date when we can get together - most likely, it will work. :)


P.S.  a highlight of the last week was meeting this guy for the first time (who is now walking!)



 and spending time with these two, who are growing up so quickly! And seeing the rest of my family, of course. :)
























And this card might be one of the best gifts ever



No comments:

Post a Comment