- having physical work to do (at least I miss it to an extent!)
- wearing flip-flops (not so practical on European cobble stoned streets or for walking in general)
- having a yard to rest in
- the view from the backyard
- camping and campfires and mountain pies
- warm clothes out of the dryer
- worshiping in community in my native language
- hymns
- driving
- this little one
- snacks that aren't available in the Czech, like peppermint patties (not that I miss them terribly, but it's giving me joy right now!)
- apple butter and cottage cheese
- having a friend to run with
- fields of fireflies
- being able to see the sunset every night
... and don't miss....
- dogs straining at leashes and barking at me (Czech dogs are very well-behaved, even off of leashes. At least these were on leashes... even more in the US I don't miss those that aren't!)
- added tax
- US money - it's really not attractive
- over-attentive waiters and waitresses (I'm really ok eating my meal in peace... )
- insane humidity
- traffic
- living on a busy road
- overwhelming amount of choices in the store
- feeling like a foreigner when I don't know the process to try on clothes in a store or how to order/receive food in places like Panera or where to find things in stores I used to know
- "How are you?" asked by every cashier
- supersize everything (food, cars, fridges, stores ... it feels like it takes so long to get in and out of a store for one thing!)
- so much commercialism
... and undecided
- engaging in conversation with strangers (Czechs don't really talk to each other... it's unusual to interact with someone you don't know in public. So this one just feels strange right now.)
No comments:
Post a Comment