| Prepare your heart - on the wall of the prayer room in our church, which inspired this reflection |
Prepare.
Prepare your heart.
Prepare room.
Every heart prepare HIM room.
Open a corner.
Push aside enough of the clutter and chaos that he can enter.
Expect that he'll want to make the space his own. He's not content to stay squeezed into a corner.
Give access. Surrender the keys. Allow him to renovate completely.
He needs an entrance. And then slowly, gently, guides into clearing the room of the junk.
Till it's empty. cleaned out. decluttered. released.
these fleshly desires. those expectations.
this fear. that weakness. this pain. that avoidance.
what I grasp for. what I avoid.
where I shut down. shut out. where I cling. control.
Make open space.
Space he can fill.
Fill with light. Lightness.
Fill with joy. Gladness in mourning.
Fill with healing. Wholeness.
Fill with hope. He is hope. The Only Hope.
Advent.
Waiting.
Waiting in expectation.
Expectation of hope. of faith. of joy. of peace.
of Messiah.
Savior.
Redeemer.
The Promised One. Fulfillment.
Release from fear, shame, guilt. Release from everything that hinders.
Come. Come quickly.
The space is prepared, expecting Your presence. Ready to be filled.
No comments:
Post a Comment